We all love sleep, well, except someone who has never slept before and we all know that that person doesn’t exist.
Some nights, we fall asleep easily while other nights it is a battle just like the Game of Thrones.
Hopefully this little research will help you fall asleep faster, waking up refreshed in the morning.
The sleep-wake cycle consists of 8 hours of nocturnal sleep and 16 hours of daytime wakefulness in humans.
This 8 hours of nocturnal sleep is very vital because that is the time your body readjusts itself and prepares for the next day.
Here are 11 Tips to Help You Fall Asleep Faster
- Keep your room cool: Your body temperature drops as your sleep, that is why you should make your room cooler. And jump start your body’s cooling process. Thus making falling asleep easier.
- Remove all electronics: Cultivate the habit of associating your bedroom with sleep and not watching TV, playing games, checking social media, or reading. These devices, including your phone, can engage you in non-restful activities; making it more difficult to fall asleep.
- Dark rooms rock: Any sort of light can disrupt melatonin levels and circadian rhythms. Make sure you room is as dark as possible. This will help you sleep better.
- Eliminate noise: Studies have revealed that your brain registers and processes sounds while your sleeping. Noise can jolt you from deep sleep. Causing you to wake up, shift, move, or change stages of sleep.
- White noise: A constant ambient sound can reduce the difference between background and loud sounds. White noise will aid you in falling asleep and staying asleep.
- Sleep and intimacy: Your bedroom’s only two purposes should be sleep and sex. This will condition the mind to associate your bedroom with sleep.
- Mattress: Make sure your mattress is right for you. Most mattresses last 9 to 10 years. Check for sagging spots and evaluate your comfort and sleep quality.
- Pillows: Pillows should support your neck and head. Check for lumps and sags. If you are waking up with a stiff neck most likely you are in need of a new pillow.
- Clean bed: Always wash your sheets, pillows, and mattresses.
- Make your bed: It make seem like a chore, but making your bed every morning can help you fall asleep faster.
- Exercise: Exercising daily will help you sleep better at night. Exercise helps reduce anxiety, stress, arousal, and depression. These emotions negatively affect sleep.