1,000 girls and boys between 8-16 years in Port Harcourt are being selected to participate in the 4 weeks mobile programming camp tagged #CodeStudio6.
#CodeStudio6, which is the sixth edition of the coding camp organized by TeenCoders, will feature hands-on practical computing projects by teenagers including mobile apps programming, codeless website development, 3D cartoon animation and lots more.
Five locations have been confirmed to host these computer geeks throughout the summer. The locations are:
- Woji/Old-Aba-Road, (Ipage Technologies, 14 Old Aba Road by Woji Junction, PH).
- Garrison/Trans-Amadi, (Sowa Systems Technology, 5 Okeh Street, Ogbunabali, by Garrison, PH).
- Olu-Obasanjo/D-Line, (Wisdom To Wealth Foundation, 55 Olu-Obasanjo Road, PH).
- Agip/Mile-4, (Kids-Ville Academy, Road 1 off 3rd Avenue, Agip Estate, PH)
- Rumuigbo/Choba (Learning Centre, Rumuigbo Estate, PH).
The camp will hold from August 1st to August 26th, 2016. Interested parents can pick up the forms for their kids at any of the designated centres.
A project exhibition and graduation ceremony will hold on Saturday 27th August. Scholarships and prizes will be awarded to the best performing teens.
TeenCoders is a platform designed to engage teenagers in real life problem solving using computer science and technology.
The key aim of the organization is to develop the creative problem solving skills of teenagers.
The organizers, TeenCoders, are also looking for more sponsors and partners to help provide computers / laptops for the teens. The organizers are also training volunteers that will function as facilitators across the different locations.
For more details concerning registration, sponsorship, partnership, volunteering, please contact: Mr. Anietie
Office: 1 Redemption Close, Elijiji Avenue, Woji Road, PH.