The first time I had Chicken Curry Sauce, I felt heaven. The taste was delicious. However the first time I tried to cook it without proper directions, I was lost. The result was not so excellent becauseone ingredient was missing, Corn Starch.
This morning I found a great Chicken Curry Recipe on Nairaland and I’d like to share it with you guys.
Ingredients for chicken curry sauce
• 1 kg chicken breast
• 1 cup carrots, chopped
• ½ cup peas
• 1 cup green beans
• 2 medium onions
• 2 medium tomatoes
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tables spoon thyme
• 1 ½ tables spoon curry powder
• 3 scotch bonnets peppers
• 3 stock chicken tock cubes
• 2 tablespoons corn starch
• 2 green bell peppers
• 2 red bell peppers
• Salt to taste
Steps on how to prepare curry chicken sauce for rice
1. Rinse carrots, green beans, bell peppers and onions, slice/chop them into nice shapes and set aside.
2. Rinse chicken into a wide pot, season it with curry, thyme, ½ parts of onion, pepper, garlic and salt.
3. Add water to slightly cover the chicken and place on high heat to cook until tender
4. While the chicken is cooking, dissolve the corn flour with a little water (you want it runny like custard) and set aside.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, separate it from the broth and cut into smaller pieces, (you can try pulling the flesh from the bones if you
don’t like it with bones).
6. Place a pan on heat, add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil to it and add onions, garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
7. Add the chopped tomatoes and sir-fry for 2minutes until soft, add the chopped carrots, green beans and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Add the bell peppers, green peas and stir-fry until the vegetables are all soft. Season the veggies with 1 stock cube, salt, thyme and 1
teaspoon of curry powder and stir the content properly to combine.
9. Leave the content to cook for few minutes on medium heat, bring the chicken stock into it, you can increase it with water if your stock is
small and bring to a boil.
10. Return the cooked chicken to the sauce and add the dissolved corn flour to the content and stir well, the sauce will begin to thicken as it
boils. Lower the heat and leave it to simmer slowly while you serve.
11. Chicken curry sauce goes well with white rice you can serve it as you like.
Recipe Author: Vinegurl