The Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards is an annual international business plan competition created in 2006 to identify, support and encourage projects by women entrepreneurs.
They are currently accepting applications for the 2019 edition. The application will close on August 31st 2018.
Founded in 2006 by Cartier, McKinsey & Company and INSEAD Business School, the competition is open to women-run, for-profit businesses in any country and sector working to create strong social impact.
The Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards aims to encourage inspirational women entrepreneurs worldwide to solve contemporary global challenges by:
• supporting and recognizing creative women who are making concrete contributions to finding solutions for the future of our planet
• bringing these business solutions to the largest audience possible.
Since 2006, Cartier has accompanied 198 promising female business-owners and recognized 70 laureates.
First prize for the 7 laureates:
• US$ 100 000 in prize money
• One-to-one personalized business mentoring
Second prize for the remaining 14 finalists (second and third runners-up):
• US$ 30 000 in prize money