You must have come across the terms African Shea Butter, Unprocessed Shea Butter, Refined Shea Butter, Unrefined Shea Butter, Pure Shea Butter.
All these terms define one thing, Shea Butter gotten from Shea nuts. Shea Butter is extracted from the nut of the Shea tree. Shea Butter has many benefits for hair and skin. It is also edible.
Refined Shea Butter and Unrefined Shea butter are both processed from the Shea nut but they essentially differ in processing.
While Refined Shea Butter is processed with certain chemicals, Unrefined Shea Butter is all natural. No chemicals are involved in the processing.
- Unrefined shea butter reduces the appearance of
agingby reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It evens tone by reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
- Unrefined shea butter has been used to provide mild natural sun protection due to higher antioxidant content.
- Its can used as a salve due to natural anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It eliminates acne spots.