Some call it toilet infection, some call it thrush. There are different local names for Vagina yeast Infection.
Vaginal yeast infection is a fungal infection that causes irritation, discharge and intense itchiness of the vagina and the vulva. It is also called vaginal candidiasis.
- Itching and irritation in the vagina and vulva
- A burning sensation, especially during intercourse or while urinating
- Redness and swelling of the vulva
- Vaginal pain and soreness
- Vaginal rash
- Thick, white, odor-free vaginal discharge with a cottage cheese appearance
- Watery vaginal discharge
Possible Causes include antibiotic use, increased estrogen levels, uncontrolled diabetes and a possibly impaired immune system.
In order to prevent Vagina Yeast Infection, here are a couple of things to avoid
- Tight-fitting pantyhose
- Scented feminine products
- Hot tubs and very hot baths
- Unnecessary antibiotic use
- Staying in wet clothes for a long period of time